Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team
Who is Kbrw?
We are living in exciting times where technology and digital transformation improve and disrupt businesses and their supply chains on a daily basis.
Kbrw is one such disruptor in supply chain tech. Our high performance cloud-native Distributed Order Management System (DOM) helps complex businesses implement new omnichannel operations, orchestrate critical business processes, and improve customer promises across all business channels. Based on our powerful technical platform, Kbrw's DOM provides the best-in-class order management performance in supply chain execution with highly composable and flexible software architecture.We meet the highest IT requirements by achieving performance, robustness, configurability, easy integration, while also mitigating IT risks.
We are the solution behind the success of world famous brands such as Etam, Renault Retail Group, Auchan, Monoprix, Stellantis, Michelin.
Now we are scaling up both domestically and internationally and we are looking for the best software engineers to join the adventure.
What makes us different you ask?
Our work matters to the (real) world
We solve real and complicated problems for our clients. We manage critical transactions and processes of our clients that standard packaged solutions cannot.
We are technology mavens
Building successful softwares is good, building a technical platform is better. The Kbrw platform that we built makes it easier for developers to create the most highly operable and performant solutions.
Kbrw is a promoter of the latest software design philosophy
Our solutions are based on modern philosophies: Microservices, API-first, Cloud-native, headless…and we keep our engineers at the cutting edge of their skillsets.
We believe in full stack control and low dependence
We are a team of full stack software engineers who master our technology end to end.
Unlike heavy monolith solutions on the market, we design simple and elegant solutions that just work. Developers are at their best when they think, not when they copy.
The Kbrw platform is the fundamental technical foundation of any Kbrw solution. It brings together all the tools and services needed to develop and manage the solutions that Kbrw deploys for its customers into a single developer experience.
As a developer in the platform team you will help design, develop and deploy the Kbrw platform.
- Participate in the design phase of the Kbrw platform (kick off, design event, workshops).
- Participate in the development of the Kbrw platform.
- Participate in the pilot and deployment phases of the platform in collaboration with the Delivery teams.
- Actively participate in team life (agile rituals, platform run, etc.).
Our Technology stack
Our stack relies on 3 key components:
- React for front development
- Riak for database
- Elixir/Erlang for all the rest
To which we apply 3 key principles:
- Full stack control, meaning we prefer to rebuild internally than lose control over some external tools and frameworks.
- Performances first, meaning every piece of tech we put out is designed to offer the best end-to-end performances possible
- Less is more, meaning that we only put out what’s required for our client solution as for our platform and other internal tools and frameworks, no more.
What do we require from you?
- 3+ years of experience as a full stack software engineer (a Computer Science degree or similar is a plus)
- Experience managing a SaaS software within a production environment
- Great communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- A plus if you have experience working on software distribution issues
- A plus if you have experience in Elixir/erlang or any other functional programming languages
Why should you NOT apply?
- If you don’t want to take lead on projects or part of a project
- If you don’t like working in an autonomous environment
- If you don’t care about giving the best experience to the end user
- If you don’t care about understanding your clients business needs
- If you are afraid to roll up your sleeves and be hands on no matter the problem
What to expect by joining us
Labelled Happy at Work and Great place to work, Kbrw can provide you with:
- A young spirited dynamic, always motivated team
- A strong engineering culture, continuous growth & learning environment
- A personal development-based career path
- Conformable offices with open kitchens, plenty of drinks and treats, located in the heart of Paris, Lyon, Bordeaux, Clermont-Ferrand and London with killer workspaces, and more international cities to come.
- Flexible half-time remote policy + 3 month work from abroad policy a year.
- Monthly afterwork events
- Plenty of advantages on cultural events, gym, streaming, news services and more benefits
To learn more about us, our culture and policies, please visit our Notion space dedicated to candidates https://hello-candidate-kbrw.notion.site/Start-your-journey-at-Kbrw-12c90d7971bd448aa9b6d9557a53d731
- Product & Engineering
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Paris HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Why working with us ?
Work in a positive working environment
We got recognized for our company culture ! Work for a business certified Happy at Work© and Great Place to Work©
Find meaning in your work
Our organization embodies three core values, by which all coworkers live up to :
Never take anything for granted, focus on true value, and care about the whole journey !
Care about fairness and success
Join a company with a clear Compensation & benefits policy : well-defined incentives, profit sharing, fully paid company health insurance, etc
Kbrw is a software publisher specialized in the digital transformation of businesses in the distribution sector. Assisted by our private cloud platform, at Kbrw, we design, develop and maintain customizable solutions that are robust, secure and seamlessly integrate into our customers’ IT ecosystems.
Senior Software Engineer - Platform Team
Loading application form